The Forge | Mountain Swim Adventure

The Forge Corwen

Mountain Swim Adventure

Event Date: 27/09/24 - 29/09/24

Grab your hiking boots, a towel and your swimsuit! We are headed for the remote hills of Snowdonia for a weekend of exploring some of Wales' most stunning wild swimming spots.


Fancy escaping to the hills for the weekend?

If you love the hills and have already done a fair bit of open water swimming then this adventure weekend is for you. After an introductory lake swim on the Friday evening, we'll spend Saturday exploring the breath-taking wilderness of the hidden corners of Snowdonia. We will take you well and truly off the beaten track to some stunning swim spots where you are guaranteed not to see a soul all day.

Back at camp you'll get to sleep in real, seriously comfortable beds in heated bell tents, with hot showers and private composting toilets. We'll supply all the food to keep you full of energy and provide the transport to get you to and from the mountains. Rest assured that cake and tea will be in abundant supply!

This weekend is designed for intermediate to experienced wild swimmers who are comfortable hiking up and down steep ascents for around 6 hours. Given the location of the swim spots, you'd also need to be comfortable swimming in 'skins', i.e. without a wetsuit, as you'll need to carry all your kit with you all day.

It costs just £475 per person, all inclusive and we can take a maximum of 10 people with us - who's in?!




  • 4pm - Arrive and get settled into your bell tents
  • 5pm - Welcome tea and homemade cake for the intro and swim briefing
  • 6pm - Evening swim and barbecue at a local llyn


  • 7am - Breakfast and coffee
  • 8am - Minibus transfer to Snowdonia
  • 9am - Head into the hills
  • 5pm - Pick up and transfer back to The Forge
  • 7pm - Dinner around the campfire
  • 8pm - Welsh myths and legends with a local storyteller


  • 8am - Early morning dip
  • 10am - Full Welsh breakfast and coffee
  • 12 noon - Say our goodbyes and depart

Cancellation Policy

If you are no longer able to make the retreat we will in the first instance give you the option to move your place to another date. If that is not an option then we will work with you to try to fill your place so we can give you a full refund. However if we are unable to fill your spot then the following cancellation policy will apply:

12 weeks’ notice or more – you only lose the 25% deposit

6 - 12 weeks’ notice – lose 25% deposit plus a further 25% of the total cost of your booking (50% of total cost of booking)

4 - 6 weeks’ notice – lose 75% of total cost of booking

Less than 4 weeks’ notice – lose 100% of total cost of booking

Escape to the forge

Book with us today to discover a unique glamping experience in a beautiful, undiscovered part of North Wales. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Book Now

Newsletter sign up