Glamping is not just for summer.... Spring is the perfect time to sleep out under the stars!
The Easter holidays are nearly upon us and if you’ve been holding off booking anything, then it’s not too late to plan a last-minute getaway. If you thought that glamping was just for the height of summer, then you might be pleasantly surprised to find that spring is perhaps one of the best times of year to sleep out under the stars. Here’s why:
- The days can be wonderfully warm and sunny for lounging around in our gorgeous hammocks reading a book or taking a wander up to the hill fort to spot the wild flowers…
- But the nights are cool enough to warrant getting the log burning stoves stoked up so you can boil a kettle for a hot chocolate and a toastie night in our cosy beds.
- With Easter being so late this year, the clocks will have already changed meaning you get the novelty of light evenings - a welcome respite after the dark winter months…
- But it still gets dark enough for some fantastic star gazing without having to stay up super late at night…
- You can get completely into the Easter spirit with the sounds of bleating lambs all around you – the fields are full of frolicking and bouncing little woolly legs that you can see from your tent.
- Plus, there is every chance that you will see real Easter bunnies if you are super stealthy and creep around the fields first thing in the morning…
- You can also collect, decorate and eat some of our wonderfully multi-coloured eggs laid by our very own Forge chickens…
- But these are of course no replacement for the copious amounts of chocolate eggs which you have licence to eat because, of course, you are on holiday…
- Oh, and did we mention that you can make your own hot-cross bun flavoured bannock bread over the campfire – just mix up flour, milk powder, raisins, spices and water into a dough, twist it around a stick and bake it over the fire until golden brown.
- And finally, our piece de la resistance…. ‘Smores made from squidging toasted marshmallows into the middle of a hot cross bun, or even better, between two slices of Simnel cake. Sweet heaven!
If all this has put you in the glamping mood, then check out our availability here. We look forward to welcoming you and your Easter eggs to The Forge very soon!